THIS NOTICE DESCRIBES HOW MEDICAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU MAY BE USED AND DISCLOSED AND HOW YOU CAN GET ACCESS TO THIS INFORMATION. PLEASE REVIEW IT CAREFULLY.
Wecudos’ COMMITMENT TO YOUR PRIVACY:
Wecudos is dedicated to maintaining the privacy of your protected health information (‘PHI’). PHI is information about you that may be used to identify you (such as your name, social security number or address), and that relates to (a) your past, present or future physical or mental health or condition, (b) the provision of health care to you, or (c) your past, present, or future payment for the provision of health care. In conducting its business, Wecudos will receive and create records containing your PHI. Wecudos is required by law to maintain the privacy of your PHI and to provide you with notice of its legal duties and privacy practices with respect to your PHI.Wecudos must abide by the terms of this Notice while it is in effect. This current Notice takes effect on February 23, 2014, and will remain in effect until Wecudos replaces it. Wecudos reserves the right to change the terms of this Notice at any time, as long as the changes are in compliance with applicable law. If Wecudos changes the terms of this Notice, the new terms will apply to all PHI that it maintains, including PHI that was created or received before such changes were made. If Wecudos changes this Notice, it will post the new Notice on its Web site and will make the new Notice available upon request.
We know that you care about how information about you is gathered and shared and we appreciate your trust in us to do this carefully and sensibly.
Uses and disclosures of PHI:
Wecudos may use and disclose your PHI in the following ways:
1. Treatment, Payment and Health Care Operations. Wecudos is permitted to use and disclose your PHI for purposes of (a) treatment, (b) payment and (c) health care operations. For example:Treatment. The PHI you provide upon sign up is essential for two reasons.Firstly, for the connection to the correct healthcare providers and secondly for the purposes of a consult or in the provision of follow-up treatment. Your health information may also be shared between the health professionals looking after you in order to provide an all-round holistic treatment programe. At any point you may deny your healthcare providers the means to do so.Payment. Wecudos may use and disclose your PHI to your health insurer or health plan in connection with the processing and payment of claims and other charges.
Health Care Operations. Wecudos may use and disclose your PHI in connection with its health care operations, such as providing customer services and conducting quality review assessments. Wecudos may engage third parties to provide various services for Wecudos. If any such third party must have access to your PHI in order to perform its services, Wecudos will require that third party to enter an agreement that binds the third party to the use and disclosure restrictions outlined in this Notice. In addition to this, you agree for us to share your PHI to our affiliated business partners (e.g Virgin Active) to assist and support your health and wellbeing including recommending any products and services that we think you would benefit from given that Wecudos has a large focus on personalising health and fitness.
2. Authorization. Wecudos is permitted to use and disclose your PHI upon your written authorization, to the extent such use or disclosure is consistent with your authorization.You may revoke any such authorization at any time.
3. As Required by Law. Wecudos may use and disclose your PHI to the extent required by law.
The following categories describe unique circumstances in which Wecudos may use or disclose your PHI: 1. Public Health Activities. Wecudos may disclose your PHI to public health authorities or other governmental authorities for purposes including preventing and controlling disease,reporting child abuse or neglect, reporting domestic violence and reporting to the Food and Drug Administration regarding the quality, safety and effectiveness of a regulated product or activity. Wecudos may, in certain circumstances disclose PHI to persons who have been exposed to a communicable disease or may otherwise be at risk of contracting or spreading a disease or condition.
What information does Wecudos gather?:
1. Information that you give us: We receive, store and process information that you make available to us when accessing or using the Wecudos Service. Examples include, but are not limited to, when you:
a. Fill in any form, such as when you register on our digital registration application, update the details of your user account or provide any PHI or personally identifiable information at our events and wellness days whether digital or on paper;
b. Access or use the web and mobile platform, such as to search for clients or advertise your services, make or accept a consultation with a client, post comments or reviews, or communicate with other users; and
c. Communicate with Wecudos.
2. Mobile and Web Data: When you use certain features of our mobile or web application we may receive, store and process information about your location. If you access the web platform through a mobile device and do not want your device to provide us with location-tracking information, you can disable GPS and other location-tracking functions on your device.
3. Log Data: We may also receive, store and process Log Data, which is information automatically recorded whenever you access the platform, such as IP address, date and time you access the platform, referring and exit pages, number of clicks, and pages viewed on the website.
How Wecudos uses and processes the personal information that is made available by you?:
We use and process Information about you for the following general purposes:
1. to enable you to access and use the Platform;
2. to operate, protect and improve the Platform, Wecudos business, and our users’ experience, such as to perform analytics, conduct research, and for advertising and marketing;
3. to help create and maintain a trusted and safe environment on the Platform, such as fraud detection and prevention, verifying any identifications provided by you, and conducting checks against databases such as public government databases;
4. to send you service, support and administrative messages, reminders, and information requested by you;
5. to administer rewards, surveys, or other promotional activities or events sponsored or managed by Wecudos or our business partners; including the health & fitness professionals that you interact with at our events,
6.to market and sell relevant services, products or experiences that we thing would benefit your health and wellbeing,
7. to comply with our legal obligations.
How Wecudos uses and processes User Communications?:
We may review, scan, or analyse your communications with other users exchanged via the Platform for fraud prevention, regulatory compliance, product development, research and customer support purposes. For example, as part of our fraud prevention efforts, the Platform may scan and analyse messages to prevent the sending of contact information and references to acting outside the Platform. We may also scan, review or analyse messages for research and product development purposes to help make search, booking and user communications more efficient and effective.
We will not review, scan, or analyse your communications for sending third party marketing messages to you. We will also not sell these reviews or analyses of communications to third parties. By using the Platform, you consent that Wecudos, in its sole discretion, may review, scan, analyse, and store your communications, whether done manually or through automated means.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, PLEASE CONTACT WECUDOS AT firstname.lastname@example.org